Thursday, December 2, 2010

Student Profile: Mei Lawing-Ellis, OMS II



How long have you been an artist?
I started with Graphic Design (my undergraduate major) and gradually incorporated more photography and digital manipulation into my work. In time, the camera, coupled with Photoshop, became my favorite set of mediums.

What inspires your art? What do you like to depict?
Beauty in unexpected places, presented in nontranditional ways.

Why do you do it?
Art, in general, is one of those unique things that has the ability to reach out and influence everyone. It can be inspirational, motivational, empowering, saddening, maddening. I love creating art because I love its impact – its potential to evoke.

How do you find time to do this while in medical school?
It makes time for itself (whether I want it to or not!)

The following is some of Mei's work. You can see more at RECESS on January 8th.


Note: images are copyright Mei Lawing-Ellis and are used here with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment