Monday, November 29, 2010

Student Profile: Nicholas Daley, OMS I


How long have you been a painter?
I have been doing different forms of art since I was about 5 years old (drawing, sculpture, architectural models, etc), but my new interest is oil painting which I have been seriously studying for about 10 years now.

What inspires your art?
My art is inspired by family, the idea of nurturing imagination, and pushing boundaries. Art is to elicit emotion and help formulate ideas, much like writing. I try to do that in my pieces.

Why do you do it?
I do it to forget about the world for a while. It helps me to know myself, and gives me a break when I need it.

How do you find time to do this while in medical school?
Like with everything else you want to make better in life, you need time to study, practice, and promote. I set aside time to do something personal each week, whether that's art, music, exercise, or sleep.

The following is some of Nicholas' work. See more at RECESS on January 8th.



Note: Images are copyright Nicholas Daley and used here with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment