Monday, November 15, 2010

Student Profile: Michael Loy, OMS II


How long have you been a photographer?
I started photographing after moving to New Orleans in late 2007.

What inspires your art (like what are you drawn to)?
I enjoy photographing architecture and urban landscapes in black and white.

How do you do it while in medical school?
My photography has been compromised by my new location and responsibilities compounded with that realization that while living life through glass you miss out on the whole picture. I anticipate picking my camera back up at some point in the future while trying to maintain a newfound balance.

The following is a sampling of Michael's photography. See more at RECESS on January 8th.



Note: images are copyright Michael Loy and are used here with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment